Rep. Omar’s economic policy visions are socialist aka progressive.
1. Extend the system of public education to earlier and later ages. “We must guarantee access to pre-kindergarten, childcare, and invest in debt-free college”
2. Terminate markets in health insurance by going to a single-payer system. “We will fight for a Medicare for All, single-payer healthcare system to guarantee quality healthcare for all Americans.”
3. Cripple labor markets and cripple exchanges between business owners and their helpers. Some of the measures she favors are
a. “A federal jobs guarantee”
b. “Raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour”
c. “Establish a national paid family leave program and ensure every worker has access to sick days”
d. “Invest in worker-owned cooperatives that give employees a chance to have a stronger say in their working conditions and their future”
4. Impoverish the entire country and cripple the American economy. “We need bold action like the Green New Deal and a transformation of our political and economic systems to combat climate change, centering those most impacted in our policy making.”
5. Raise federal interference in housing markets. “Establish a progressive Homes for All program.” “Fully fund the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund”. “…pass a national renters’ bill of rights” “Housing is a human right.”
6. Subsidize artists and musicians. “SUPPORT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR THE ARTS”.
I’ll stop here. This is enough to conclude that Rep. Omar is as left-wing as they come, and these policies are only those she’s willing to support in public. What else does she support if she and other socialists/progressives have their way? Her principal stance is anti-capitalism, so there are many more targets that she’d shoot socialist arrows at.
Rep. Omar, like Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, is thoroughly in the socialist camp on domestic economic policy. We will find the same for the others in the “Squad”: Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.)
Trump’s latest remarks have trolled Pelosi and other leftists into calling him a racist and into defending the “Squad”, at least for the time being. This allows him to label the Democratic party as extreme progressives. But the Squad is clearly against Pelosi and the current leaders of the party. The Squad is making obvious efforts to take greater control of the Democratic party by challenging other Democrats who are incumbents. The Squad means to turn the Democratic party into a fully socialist party. The entrenched democrats are going to fight back. They’ll be called racists too, but it won’t matter. Playing the race card at every turn diminishes its value and effectiveness. Is everyone racist because they disagree with the socialist policies of the Squad?3:55 pm on July 14, 2019 Email Michael S. Rozeff