An email from Robert Bowen includes this commentary on guns entitled “Why Not — Makes Sense to Me”:
- Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Time to raise the age of smart phone ownership to 21?
- If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, RFD.
- The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.
- Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you’d know it.
- When JFK was killed nobody blamed the rifle.
- The NRA murders 0 people and receives 0 in government funds. Planned parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.
- I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we’re at it, let’s do the same when it comes to immigration, voter I.D. and candidates running for office.
- Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that would work out?
- A man who left 300,000 guns for the Taliban is lecturing folks on gun control.