Jordan Peterson decided to get educated on the situation in Ukraine.
I reached out to some of my contacts who have some intellectual credibility and political expertise to find out who could be contacted to provide an update for everyone, me included, on the unfolding situation in Russia and Ukraine and Dr. Frederick Kagan’s name popped up instantly.
I made it through about 15 minutes of this garbage. I could have heard the same thing in about two minutes on CNN. If the guest’s last name hasn’t provided a clue as to why, let me fill you in.
Frederick Kagan is Robert’s brother. Robert is Victoria Nuland’s husband. Frederick is married to Kimberly, president of the Institute for the Study of War. Donald is the father of Frederick and Robert; the two of them wrote a book together: While America Sleeps: Self-Delusion, Military Weakness, and the Threat to Peace Today (2000). I’d say, fortuitous timing on the book.
Frederick, Robert, and Donald were all signatories to the Project for the New American Century.
As to the fifteen minutes I heard? Russia bad, Ukraine good; Russia bad, America good; Russia bad, NATO good. Oh…and Putin bad, Putin bad, Putin bad.
Peterson, meanwhile, asked some of the most ignorant questions – which meant he was ripe for being fed bullshit. But the one question that got me to quit watching was when he asked Kagan if the Russian Orthodox Church is under the authority of the pope.
While the discussion was horrendous, as you can imagine and for the few minutes I watched it, the comment section was encouraging – a clear majority (maybe overwhelming majority) pillorying Peterson and Kagan. Some examples:
- This interview was garbage from beginning to end.
- NATO is not only a defensive alliance, it bombed Yugoslavia with no attacks from it on NATO members
- I miss Prof Cohen. And listening to this guy, who seems to be a typical Putin-hater, reminded me
- Kagan is way off base. No mention of the Nazi brigades, no mention of bloated militarization of Ukraine, the illegal Maidan coup, etc. Everything is Putin, Putin, Putin. Donbas is mostly Russian speaking and they are a cancelled abused people. Kagan should take his academic ego and crawl back under his know it all rock. Bad choice JP! You can do better!
- Kagan’s failure to mention Ukraine’s state sponsored neonazi forces shows his hand. I don’t trust or believe him.
- Frederick Kagan is schilling for the Neocons.
There were several suggestions that Peterson speak to John Mearsheimer. This, instead of providing almost two hours of free air time to CNN and Fox News, would at least offer an alternative view.
With Peterson, it always seems to be one step forward, two steps back.
Reprinted with permission from Bionic Mosquito.