This week, Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense (CHD) president, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” cover the latest COVID headlines including the U.S. Surgeon General’s push for Big Tech to crack down on so-called vaccine “misinformation,” the Rockefeller Foundation’s pledge to spend $13.5 million to fight vaccine disinformation and the White House’s plan to ask SMS carriers to monitor private texts for vaccine misinformation.
(Article republished from ChildrensHealthDefense.org)
Also on tap this week is a viral Twitter thread shared by mRNA vaccine inventor Dr. Robert Malone showing the most-vaccinated countries in the world are experiencing a surge in COVID cases, while the least-vaccinated countries are not.
Mary and Polly also discuss news that vaccinated people now makeup 47% of COVID cases in Britain, the surge in COVID cases in 46 U.S. states and a CNN report that says young kids will “pay the price” if American adults don’t get vaccinated.
Here are more of this week’s highlights:
- Fox News personality Geraldo Rivera called for a crackdown on the unvaccinated. He said those who haven’t been vaccinated for COVID shouldn’t be allowed to attend work, school or shop in-person.
- The White House blamed a spike in COVID cases on the unvaccinated, calling it a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”
- Joe Biden said the spread of COVID misinformation on social media is “killing people.” Health officials said the country’s current spike in COVID deaths and infections is exclusively hitting unvaccinated communities. “That’s not true,” said Mary. “That’s just a falsehood, a straight-up falsehood.”
- Kathleen Sebelius, former Obama administration Health and Human Services secretary, said unvaccinated Americans should not be allowed to work or have access to children. “It’s rabid,” said Mary. “It’s pro-discrimination, squash the unvaccinated.”
- A Louisiana doctor said choosing vaccination is the only way to avoid death from COVID. “There’s never one solution,” said Mary. “But we know in this pandemic every solution except the vaccine has been suppressed.”
- Pop star Olivia Rodrigo will meet Joe Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci as part of the White House plan to push COVID vaccines.
- U.K. officials said hundreds of thousands of children have a higher risk for COVID and should get the shot. The U.K.’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation recommends vaccinating kids 12 to 15 if they have a severe neurodisability, such as autism or epilepsy, Down’s syndrome, cancer, a severely weakened immune system, or have multiple learning disabilities. “Most of these conditions came from these shots,” said Polly. “On the inserts of vaccines like the MMR, it says to not give these shots to kids or anybody that has a weakened immune system.”
- A Children’s Health Defense lawsuit seeks to overturn a D.C. law allowing kids to be vaccinated without parents’ knowledge or consent. The District of Columbia is hiding whether or not a child has been vaccinated for COVID from the parents, said Mary. “This is illegal and unconstitutional. And I do believe we’re going to win on this.”
- The Department of Homeland Security is set to start vaccinating immigrant detainees with the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine. “It’s a predatory system,” said Mary.