The infantile behavior and entitlement mentality of rioting college students at the University of Missouri, Ithaca College, and Smith College, while something of a yawner in our age of lie-laced victimization protests, is part of a much broader problem.
The broader problem I’m referring to is the complete disintegration of Western civilization — i.e., the disappearance of the longstanding certitudes, values, and self-responsibility that made America the strongest and most civilized nation in world history. While anarchy, in theory, is the only path to pure freedom, the reality is that it does not work for people who have no interest in interfering in the lives of others and want only to be left alone.
The reason it doesn’t work for people of goodwill is because there will always be those who believe they have a right to force others to live by their moral standards. These people are, in effect, psychopathic in that they believe that aggression against others is justified by their noble aims. Please Stop Helping Us... Best Price: $1.39 Buy New $10.68 (as of 11:40 UTC - Details)
Thus, knowledge-challenged college students are simply caught up in a game of “monkey see, monkey do;” i.e., they are merely mimicking adults — especially those on the radical left whose millions of adherents believe that those who disagree with their anything-goes way of life must, at the very least, be silenced. Better yet, they would like to see them punished.
Fascist “progressives” recognize no laws, especially when it comes to free speech. They believe that both lying and the use of violence are morally justified to achieve their noble ends. This presumptuous, arrogant, immoral view of life goes all the way back to Vladimir Lenin and, before him, the man who organized it into a “philosophy” and put it all down on paper, Karl Marx.
Progressivism: A Prime... Best Price: $8.99 Buy New $10.95 (as of 08:30 UTC - Details) Today, I constantly hear people lament the fact that there are no rules anymore and no generally accepted code of conduct. They do not understand how everything that was once considered good, moral, and admirable is now looked upon as bad, immoral, and contemptible. They do not understand why the rights of American citizens are now inferior to the rights of people living in their country illegally.
The problem is that Americans have become so weak and fearful of backlash from the radical left that they dare not hurt anyone’s feelings. As a result, nothing is off limits, not only in America, but in all Western countries. Virtually everything is acceptable, no matter how vulgar, immoral, or anti-freedom it may be, because we no longer judge. Judging anyone’s beliefs, actions, or morality is verboten.
- Spreading knowingly false narratives like “Hands up, don’t shoot” is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Out-of-wedlock childbirth is okay, because we don’t judge. Race & Economics: How ... Best Price: $8.38 Buy New $1.99 (as of 02:00 UTC - Details)
- Infanticide is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Allowing criminals to live in the United States without documentation is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Releasing five top terrorist leaders from custody in exchange for a military deserter is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Allowing people to attain high office without thoroughly checking their backgrounds is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Apologizing to those who threaten to kill us is okay, because we don’t judge.
- Bringing thousands of undocumented people from the Middle East into the United States is okay, because we don’t judge.
- And on … and on … and on it goes.
Worst of all, the minority now rules the majority, and they do so through loud, hateful, threatening rhetoric that is intended to intimidate those who stubbornly cling to Western values. For example, less than 4 percent of the population that identified itself as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in a recent Gallup Daily tracking poll now has the power to close down a business if the owner refuses to violate his religious beliefs and cater to its wishes. But, of course, we dare not judge them.