Recently by Gary D. Barnett: Divide and Conquer: AGovernmentAgenda
It would be very difficult for me to think of any term that disgusted me more than those words uttered continuously in the presence of virtually any soldier in the United States: "Thank you for your service."
What service is actually being praised by those conditioned to say these empty words? Why are they thanking and praising nearly every soldier they see?
- Is it because hatred of the U.S. is increasing, and new enemies are being created in the Middle East and all around the rest of the world?
- Is it because thousands and thousands of innocent people are being killed now in places like Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and many more are being threatened?
- Is it because 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 foreigners, mostly innocent civilians, have died just since World War II due to U.S. interference and war?
- Is it because indefinite detention without due process, torture, assassination, and rendition are now common and accepted practices?
- Is it because suicide rates among American soldiers have increased 80% since the Iraq War began?
- Is it because mental problems now send more military personnel to the hospital than any other cause?
- Is it because destruction and separation of military families is rampant? We Who Dared to Say No... Best Price: $1.18 Buy New $6.00 (as of 01:40 EST - Details)
- Is it because civil liberties have all but disappeared due to so-called terrorism legislation? (terror legislation would be more accurate)
- Is it because of the creation of the USA PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act, NDAA, TSA, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
- Is it because of the massive buildup of killer drones abroad and at home?
- Is it because the huge deficit spending to support multiple aggressive wars is causing economic chaos?
- Is it because of the surging number of double amputees of American soldiers?
- Is it because of increasing energy costs due to the United States unwarranted presence in the Middle East region?
- Is it because the domestic police have now become a brutal militarized force, bent on controlling the entire population?
I could of course go on, but the picture is clear. Those who continue to believe the propaganda about all U.S. wars leading to the protection of freedom, and to our national security, are blinded by ignorance, and consumed by pathetic false patriotism. No U.S. wars have ever served the purpose of freedom; they have only served to destroy it.
Perpetual War for Perp... Best Price: $0.10 Buy New $4.00 (as of 01:35 EST - Details)
Due to these wars of aggression and occupation, our freedoms are virtually non-existent today. We are spied upon, tracked, searched without warrant, sexually assaulted, and radiated. There are now checkpoints in many parts of the country where it is demanded that we "show our papers," and killer spy drones are filling our skies. Government agents and the military are patrolling all U.S. borders, and Blackhawk war helicopters sporting heavily armed soldiers hanging on tethers are flying over our cities.
Amazon.com $50 Gift Ca... Check Amazon for Pricing.
Because of these wars, the government has gained enormous power, and continues its assault on liberty. A police state environment has taken hold, and if not curbed soon, will lead to Martial Law in the near future. The DHS has purchased enough killing ammunition to murder more than twice the population, and on the say so of one man, Americans can and are being assassinated. Why?
In order for our national security to be defended, we first have to be attacked. That has not happened. In order to protect freedom here at home, all foreign wars must cease, and all the government agencies and "terrorism" legislation created since 9/11 should be abolished immediately! Every U.S. base on foreign soil should be closed, and every troop stationed in another country should come home and enter the private sector. At least that would be a good start.
There is a reason that the young are sent as cannon fodder to die in the wars of the politicians, bankers, and corporations. They are less likely to challenge the orders they are given; orders meant to be obeyed regardless of the immoral nature of those demands, and regardless of the horrible consequences they will most certainly face. Those who "serve" do not serve the people who falsely praise them; they only serve one master, and that master is the nation state and its benefactors. It is not "we the people."
Thank you for your service? Absolutely not! We can't afford any more of this kind of service!
April 21, 2012