Kidneys are an important organ when it comes to filtering out toxins and waste from our bloodstream, and a kidney cleanse is a simple way to detox your kidneys. It’s important to cleanse the right way to keep your kidneys, as well as the rest of your body, healthy.
Being kind to your kidneys is a vital part of maintaining overall good health. If you don’t eat a balanced diet, drink clean water, and cleanse your body of toxins that build up, it can negatively impact the function of the kidneys, liver, and other organs. Poor kidney health can also lead to kidney stones. Cleansing the kidneys is, in fact, a pretty simple process that doesn’t involve a large number of tools or ingredients. One of the easiest, yet best steps when it comes to a kidney cleanse is drinking plenty of purified water. This, of course, provides an effective flush.
If you are at risk for kidney disease, you should get your blood pressure and your urine checked. You should also make sure you are managing any health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
Why to perform a kidney cleanse
Performing a kidney cleanse can help flush toxins and wastes from your body. It can also be a useful aid for the prevention of kidney infections and promote better overall health. What follows are some potential benefits from performing a kidney cleanse:
- Prevents fatigue: Keeping your kidneys healthy allowing them to perform optimally in the absorption of important vitamin and minerals. Spirulina Capsules Org... Buy New $15.95 (as of 01:05 EDT - Details)
- Prevents kidney infection: Flushing the kidneys can help get rid of potentially harmful waste and toxins that could eventually lead to an infection.
- Prevent kidney stones: Maintaining health kidney flow can reduce the chances of kidney stone development.
- Correct bladder problems: Build-up of toxins and waste may lead to eventual bladder problems.
- Protects your skin: Flushing out toxins from your system helps to keep your skin from experiencing breakouts such as rashes and acne.
Foods and herbs that may keep the kidneys clean
Those who wonder how to detox kidneys naturally are often surprised to learn that there are many delicious foods and herbs that can help. For instance, kidney cleansing with herbs can involve a variety of options. Burdock root is an herb that you can use in the form of tea. It is a natural diuretic, so it helps your body eliminate excess water, including waste from the bloodstream. Another kidney cleansing herb is Rehamannia. This is a traditional Chinese medicine that comes in the form of a supplement.
In terms of foods that are good for kidney cleansing, nutrient-dense, high antioxidant choices are best. Foods high in electrolytes are good for cleansing, too. Below you will find a list of food items that are good kidney cleanse options.
- Black cherries
- Lemon juice
- Pumpkin seeds
- Spirulina FIJI Natural Artesian ... Buy New $24.94 (as of 03:25 EDT - Details)
Spirulina is green algae that often come in the form of powder. It was discovered by the Aztecs thousand of years ago and has become a “superfood”. It is full of antioxidants, is high in B vitamins, and contains chlorophyll, which is used to help remove toxins, including heavy metals, from the blood.
Detox tips: Natural kidney cleanse
If you are seriously thinking about a kidney cleanse, consider implementing the foods listed above into your everyday meals. At the same time, it is important to avoid foods that could put a strain on your kidneys. Foods like chocolate, refined sugar, table salt, white bread, alcohol, and caffeine. Keep in mind that a diet that includes a lot of protein is also hard on the kidneys.
When you want to detox your kidneys, remember the following simple tips:
- Drink plenty of water
- Fill up on fruits – they are rich in potassium and are good for cleansing
- Include berries – cranberries have the nutrient quinine, which turns into a substance that clears excess acid from kidneys.
- Incorporate barley – it is known for protecting our kidneys
- Explore herbs – there are many that can aid in kidney cleansing
- Consider gokshura – this is an Ayurvedic supplement known to boosts kidney health
- Discuss your cleansing plans with your doctor
Natural kidney cleansing options
The reality is that not everyone has the same tastes – what you like might be a lot different from what someone else can handle in terms of taste and smell. Thankfully, there is more than one natural kidney cleanse route. We list a few cleansing options here that people can consider based on their personal tastes.
- Drink more water – go the super natural way and drink eight or more glasses of water every day.
- Eat less refined foods – eliminate refined foods and high sodium foods.
- Drink apple juice – consume three gallons of apple juice and three gallons of water a day.
- Have a lemon drink – try drinking a mix of two tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of maple syrup, a tenth of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and one-two cups of pure water. AZO Cranberry Urinary ... Buy New $11.57 (as of 01:30 EDT - Details)
- Eat watermelon – Eat as much watermelon as you can throughout the day.
- Herbal cleanse – use an appropriate herb to make tea.
If you have already been diagnosed with a kidney problem, your doctor will likely want to guide you on what options are best or suggest a specific daily diet for you to follow.
Sample meal for kidney cleanse
For those who are wondering what a daily menu for a kidney cleanse might look like, here is a sample:
Breakfast. A smoothie with a half cup each of cherries, blueberries, and cranberries, as well as some protein powder and coconut milk, along with a little spirulina.
Lunch. Another smoothie or juice similar to the one on breakfast.
Dinner. A large salad with a lean chicken breast.
Our bodies can detox to a certain extent on their own. But in this day and age, we are exposed to so many contaminates through commercially farmed foods, as well as processed foods and medications. Over time, all of this slows down our body. Many people who do kidney cleansing report a noticeable difference in the way they feel afterwards. For example, they say they no longer feel tired – they feel energized. Those who are currently doing a kidney cleanse or anyone who is considering a kidney cleanse should follow guidelines carefully and consult with a doctor to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Reprinted with permission from Bel Marra Health.