Recently, on the Kate Dalley Show, I promised a list of 10 shorter works for the intelligent layman interested in learning about Austrian economics and libertarianism. After all, our first job—to make resistance possible–is to educate ourselves. Here is a great start:
- Frederic Bastiat, The Law
- Henry Hazlitt, Economics in One Lesson
- Ludwig von Mises, Economic Policy: Thoughts for Today and Tomorrow
- ___, Planned Chaos
- ___, Planning for Freedom
- Ron Paul, The Revolution: A Manifesto
- Against the State ,
- Murray N. Rothbard, Anatomy of the State
- ___, Left and Right: The Prospects for Liberty
- ___, What Has Government Done to Our Money
The Law Best Price: $2.75 Buy New $3.59 (as of 02:05 EST - Details)
Economics in One Lesso... Best Price: $9.77 Buy New $10.81 (as of 04:35 EST - Details)
Economic Policy: Thoug... Check Amazon for Pricing.
Planned Chaos Best Price: $4.64 Buy New $9.19 (as of 02:10 EST - Details)
Planning for Freedom: ... Best Price: $3.63 Buy New $17.99 (as of 06:35 EST - Details)
The Revolution: A Mani... Best Price: $1.25 Buy New $4.97 (as of 03:40 EST - Details)
Against the State: An ... Best Price: $10.76 Buy New $9.95 (as of 07:20 EST - Details)
The Anatomy of the Sta... Check Amazon for Pricing.
Left and Right: The Pr... Check Amazon for Pricing.
What Has Government Do... Best Price: $4.49 Buy New $8.69 (as of 01:15 EST - Details)