United States -(Ammoland.com)- Motorola’s latest consumer TALKABOUT Two-Way Radio is packed full of features in a resilient, lightweight body.
The all-new Motorola TALKABOUT T465 two-way radio was designed with hunters in mind, allowing them to communicate wirelessly without having to worry about the bother and nuisance of bulky cords. The T465 comes in a rugged green design for outdoor use, an excellent walkie-talkie for camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, emergency situations and canoeing.
While not included, the TALKABOUT T465 two-way radio can be paired with either a Bluetooth compatible headset as well as a wireless Bluetooth PTT button for a completely hands-free setup.
The T465’s iVOX feature acts as a speakerphone, allowing for hands-free communication to keep you moving without the use of a headset. The radio features an integrated LED light for use during emergency situations, 11 NOAA weather radio channels with constant weather updates that have been correct nearly every time I’ve used the feature, and 22 channels with 121 privacy codes each for a total of 2,662 combinations.
The Motorola TALKABOUT T465 features superior sound quality as well as enhanced battery life capabilities, creating a powerful communication device for the most serious outdoor and hunting enthusiasts. Hunters will particularly enjoy the “VibraCall” feature which functions as a silent alert system that vibrates when you receive incoming calls and messages.
Motorola Talkabout T46... Best Price: $50.17 Buy New Too low to display (as of 08:55 EST - Details) Boasting an optimal range of operation of up to 35 miles in the valley and mountains, the T465 two-way radio caters to outdoor and recreational use. My tests concluded with a minimum distance of 1 mile, up to 1.5 miles while using the power boost in the suburbs. While in the mountains the T465 ranged from a minimum distance of 15 miles and a maximum of 28 miles with the power boost feature. Of course the actual range a user will get will depend on the terrain, weather conditions and obstructions in the surrounding area.
Motorola’s T465 two-way radios were designed with extended battery life capabilities that serious hunters and outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate. The T465 even features dual power capabilities, simply place in 3 standard AA batteries and the radios are up and operating, for up to 13 hours.
Additionally, the radios provide the convenience of flexible charging options as they can be charged on a pc or laptop via the mini-USB PC cable, the high-efficiency wall adapter, or with standard AA alkaline batteries. The T465 radio are even compatible with rechargeable NiMH AA batteries such as the Duracell Duralock rechargeable batteries that I used during the review process.
- Ultimate Privacy – The TALKABOUT T465 has a full 22-frequency capacity (22 individual channels) with 121 privacy codes to reduce any unwanted intermissions. That makes for a total of 2,662 combinations! Motorola Solutions T48... Best Price: $22.99 Buy New $49.91 (as of 12:20 EST - Details)
- Dual Power – Works with both AA alkaline batteries and NiMH rechargeable batteries. A really useful feature when it comes to hunting in the field or camping in the great outdoors with no power outlets in sight.
- Built-in Flashlight – (Emergency LED Light Source) Use during evening hours or unexpected situations such as power outages.
- NOAA Weather Radio – Allows the user to receive up-to-date weather reports, keeping them informed of changing weather patterns. Channels provide emergency alerts for everything from amber alerts, emergency evacuations, flash floods, stark thunderstorms, tornadoes, and winter storms. An excellent tool for both recreationalists and hunters alike.
- Emergency Alert Button – Allows the user to send out distress signals.
- Quiet Talk (QT) – Known as “QT,” Motorola’s Quiet Talk feature allows communication between the T465 and any other compatible Motorola products while filtering any unwanted interruptions.
- iVOX/VOX – Allows the user hands-free operation with or without the use of accessories.
- VibraCall – When an incoming call may be intrusive, VibraCall acts as a silent vibrating ringer sending out a vibration instead of a ring tone.
- Push-to-Talk (PTT) Power Boost – When activated, the PTT Power Boost will extend the overall range of transmissions by increasing the power output.
- Call Tones – There’s a total of 20 call tones to choose from. Users can customize the call tone being heard by the people calling them.
- Eco Smart Design – Designed to meet CEC standards for low energy consumption. The high-efficiency wall adapter consumes less power during idle conditions (consumes ½ a watt of power while idle).
Motorola TALKABOUT T465 Two-Way Radio Additional Features:
- Scan – The Advanced Priority Scan allows users to scan all channels to see which are currently in use.
- Low Battery Alert – Reminds you when the batteries are low and need to be recharged or replaced.
- Battery Meter – LCD battery meter.
Newly released and available now, the Motorola TALKABOUT T465 FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio has an MSRP of $104.99. The entire kit includes two T465 radios, two belt clips, two high-capacity 1300 mAH NiMH rechargeable battery packs, one micro-USB wall charging cable, two earbuds with PTT microphone, a convenient carry case, a user guide and accessory sheet.
With the emergency alert button, built-in LED flashlight and NOAA weather alert channels, the Motorola TALKABOUT T465 radios provide a total emergency preparedness communication solution for both hunters and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Reprinted with permission from AmmoLand.com.