Recently by Sean Covell: The Six Supplements You'll Need To Survive the ZombieApocalypse
Ron Paul is not going to be president. It's sad, but true. And while millions of dreams have been destroyed, for those of us in the Liberty movement, things are just getting interesting. For the first time in decades, the very existence of the Federal Reserve Bank is under scrutiny by those even in the mainstream press. Keynesianism, although still embraced soundly by statists, has shown itself to be an abysmal failure. The GOP is slowly being transformed by Liberty minded candidates. Yes, there is plenty to be optimistic about. But I wonder, how far will this movement go when the establishment pushes back? Make no mistake, while progress has been made, the establishment will push hard. There will undoubtedly by resistance during the GOP convention. Rick Santorum recently stated, he "was ready to take on Paul supporters if they are looking for a u2018platform' fight." You can always count on a statist to be a statist when push comes to shove. And that's my point, the state will shove, the state will push back, the state will still actively work to make you a slave.
FREEDOM IS A SICKNESS
Politicians on both left and right think you are an idiot and that you don't know what's good for you. In their world, free thinkers are ill, the state issues the medicine and all who oppose it are criminally insane. What is their medicine? Obamacare, the NDAA, The Senate Food Safety and Accountability Act, Michael Bloomberg's soda ban just to name a few. Obama signed the NDAA. Mitt Romney said he would have. Right or Left, their medicine for the illness of Liberty is law. Indeed, Bastiat taught us in The Law, that law is merely force. Every new law that passes is essentially the use of government force against its citizenry. Free people see these laws as an infringement on our lives, but our elected thieves see it as their job to protect us from ourselves. Perhaps Mayor Bloomberg's own words put it best; "If government’s purpose isn’t to improve the health and longevity of its citizens, I don’t know what its purpose is.” It's strange, but I didn't see that in the Preamble.
Bastiat, Mises, Hayek, Hazlitt, Rothbard and Ron Paul all warned us that government actively works against your freedom. These proponents of free markets and have taught us, despite what Bloomberg, Romney and Obama believe, that government's role is to preserve liberty. Freedom is the answer to corrupt government, fixed markets and the theft of taxation. That is precisely why governments all over the world actively seek out new laws and new taxes to rob you of your freedom. The state pushes. The state is force, nothing more, nothing less. Mises instructed us in his landmark work Socialism: "If we wish to save the world from barbarism we have to conquer Socialism, but we cannot thrust it carelessly aside." We know that statists will not easily be thrust aside.
WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?
Paul Harvey used to famously say, "In times like these, it helps to recall there have always been times like these." The struggles we face are nothing new. The scourge of socialism (just another form of statism) has plagued civilization since its inception. It does no good to be paranoid, just be prepared. So don't fret. Do what Ron Paul does:
- Workout. At least five days a week with a mixture of resistance training and cardio to maintain good health and relieve stress. Push weights not people!
- Eat clean. No processed foods, low grain, high vegetable content, no extra sweeteners or additives. Take supplements every day for optimal nutrient levels. Avoid prescription drugs whenever possible.
- Embrace non-violence. The state uses enough violence for everyone. If you want change you'll need different tactics.
- Educate yourself. Read and then read some more. Then, talk about what you've read. The authors noted above are particularly helpful when debating a relative or co-worker who wants to take your money via the IRS or other government regulation.
- Tell the truth. Speak truth to power. It's liberating and honesty shows just how strong you are as a person. Don't back down to pressure. Speak out when something is unjust.
The state is pushing you. What will you do to resist falling over?