It may seem puzzling to some that a separatist so-called “Black National Anthem” was sung along with “The Star Spangled Banner” and “America the Beautiful” at the beginning of the Super Bowl.
For many years, there have been voices calling for the National Anthem to be changed. It is one more traditional link to the past that radicals are eager to sever and to send down the memory hole. For decades, some have advocated for “America the Beautiful” to be the new anthem. The introduction of “Lift Every Voice and Sing” as an alternate “black” anthem is part of a long-term strategy to finally mothball the “Star Spangled Banner.”
Here is what will likely happen:
- There will be pressure for the two national anthems to be sung in tandem at public events – possibly along with “America the Beautiful.”
- There will be division between those who advocate for and against “The Spangled banner”, as well as complaints by the less partisan about the time it takes to sing multiple anthems.
- There will be calls to create a new unified anthem by compromising and dropping both “national anthems” (possibly pushing for “America the Beautiful”).
- Eventually, a new national anthem – “one that captures the new American diversity and brings us all together” will begin to be used – over the objection of traditionalists – who will be cast as regressive and racist villains.
- The change to the new anthem will be culturally, and then politically, forced through. It will be sold as being a “compromise” and the voice of “democracy” over and against the bad old days of “white supremacy.”
This is an example of the Hegelian dialectic. The thesis (“The Star Spangled Banner”) is met with an antithesis (the addition of “Lift Every Voice and Sing” played as well). The dissonance of having two national anthems will lead both sides to push for one unified anthem. The synthesis will be the cancelation of “The Star Spangled Banner” in exchange for something else. It will be sold as a win-win. In reality, this was a well-crafted long-term plan to destroy yet another historical and cultural link to the past.
This is pure manipulation, but most people don’t realize what is happening. If they finally figure it out, it will be too late. This method works like a charm. In a matter of decades, an entire civilization and its history can be completely overhauled with no real opposition. The Orwellian slogan “Ignorance is Strength” is what makes this dialectic gambit work.
Today, it is the song about the flag that is in the process of being changed. In the near future, the same strategy will be used to change the flag itself.
And as Orwell observed: “Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”2:54 pm on February 8, 2021 Email Larry L. Beane