Lee Harvey Oswald: Dead Man Walking

Even though he most likely didn’t realize it, from the moment of JFK’s assassination, Lee Harvey Oswald, the man accused of assassinating President Kennedy was a dead man walking. What I mean by that is that it’s clear, in retrospect, that he was never going to be brought to trial. He was going to be killed immediately. 

How do we know that? We know it by the actions of the military establishment and the CIA during the two days before Oswald’s life was snuffed out on November 24,1963, by Mafia figure Jack Ruby. 

Let’s not forget, after all, that the U.S. national-security establishment and the Mafia were already in an assassination partnership at that time. While their partnership involved assassinating Cuban leader Fidel Castro, it goes without saying that it would not have been difficult to modify the terms of the partnership by focusing it in a different direction, especially given the extreme animosity that both partners had toward both Kennedy and Castro.

Let’s begin with Friday evening, November 22, 1963, the day of the assassination. As I detail in my books The Kennedy AutopsyThe Kennedy Autopsy 2, and, most recently, An Encounter with Evil: The Abraham Zapruder Story, the military conducted a fraudulent autopsy on President Kennedy’s body. 

A few examples of the autopsy fraud: 

  1. Sneaking JFK’s body into the Bethesda military morgue at 6:35 p.m,  almost 1 1/2 hours before the official entry time of 8 p.m. 
  2. The sworn testimony of Col. Pierre Finck, one of the three autopsy pathologists, stating that he was ordered by some unidentified person to not dissect JFK’s neck wound. 
  3. The official autopsy photograph showing the back of JFK’s head to be intact was contradicted by the treating physicians and nurses at Parkland Hospital, Secret Service agent Clint Hill, FBI agents Francis O’Neil and James Sibert, Navy Petty Officer Saundra Spencer, and others who stated that there was a massive exit-sized wound in the back of President Kennedy’s head.
  4. The two brain examinations, the second of which could not possibly have been JFK’s brain.

Let’s proceed to Saturday night, the day after the assassination. The official story is that Dallas businessman Abraham Zapruder’s film went from Dallas to LIFE’s magazine’s printing press in Chicago. As I detail in An Encounter with Evil: The Abraham Zapruder Story, what actually happened was that the film was diverted from Chicago to Washington, D.C., where two agents who identified themselves as Secret Service agents took the film to the CIA’s National Photographic Interpretation Center (NPIC). 

After blow-ups of frames were done in a tightly compartmentalized and highly classified operation, the film was then taken to the CIA’s top-secret photographic lab named Hawkeyeworks, which was located in Kodak’s research and development plant at its headquarters in Rochester, New York. On Sunday and almost certainly without the assistance of Kodak personnel, CIA photographic experts used an optical printer to make an altered copy of the film, which was then taken back to NPIC on Sunday night in another tightly compartmentalized and highly classified operation, where it was falsely and fraudulently represented to be the original Zapruder film.

What do these Friday night and Saturday night events have to to with Oswald? He was still alive during both of those events! He wasn’t killed until Sunday.

What’s the significance of that? 

JFK’s murder was not a federal criminal offense at that time. It was a murder case under Texas law. Therefore, the military, the CIA, the Secret Service, the FBI, and the Justice Department had no jurisdiction over any aspect of this case. 

Everyone knows that an autopsy report — and the evidence surrounding that report — is almost certain to be a critically important piece of evidence in a criminal prosecution. 

The criminal prosecution of Oswald would have taken place in Dallas. Since this was a death penalty case, it is a virtual certainty that Oswald would have been represented by a team of expert criminal-defense lawyers who would have been extremely aggressive in his defense, especially since he was claiming to be innocent and, even further, was claiming to have been framed.

That means that his lawyers would have subpoenaed everyone involved in the military autopsy and challenged the very notion that the military had been put in charge of the autopsy. After all, Oswald’s lawyers would have quickly learned that a team of Secret Service agents, brandishing guns, had forcibly prevented the Dallas County medical examiner, Dr. Earl Rose, from conducting the autopsy, which was required by state law, so that they could take the body back to Washington, where the military was given the task of conducting the fraudulent autopsy.

Those criminal-defense lawyers would also have subpoenaed everyone in the CIA that was involved in the secret, fraudulent production of the copy of the Zapruder film, including the personnel at NPIC and the Hawkeyeworks in Rochester.

Yet, at no time during any of the Friday night and Saturday night shenanigans did any military or CIA official display any concern whatsoever of the very real possibility of having to later explain their actions in a criminal prosecution. There can be only one reason for that total lack of concern: The powers that were orchestrating these events knew that there would never be a criminal trial. That’s how we know that Lee Harvey Oswald was a dead man walking from the moment of the assassination.

Reprinted with permission from The Future of Freedom Foundation.