Barack Obama Eats Babies
by Tim Swanson
by Tim Swanson
Crunch. Slurp. Burp. "Another fetus please!"
Several years ago the late Christopher Reeves was lampooned in South Park, depicted as a maniacal fetus eater — stopping at nothing to consume nutritious embryonic stem cells.
I have recently received a number of emails from concerned family and friends regarding Barack Obama. In particular, his stance on abortion, stem cell research and infanticide.
While I will not delve into the topic of abortion, one of the repeated claims in the emails is that if elected, Obama would appoint a bevy of judicial activists who would turn the country into one big abortion machine.
Unwed teenagers, married yuppies, seasoned parents, pious nuns, even wholesome kindergarten teachers.
Under an Obama presidency, everyone would be encouraged and paid to have abortions. And they would be carried anonymously, quickly and with the convenience of getting an inebriated tribal tattoo.
"What are you doing this weekend?" Suzy the Citizen asks.
"Oh, I was going to visit the new Art Deco exhibit downtown, buy some hoop earrings, and getting an abortion. What about you?" replies Terri the Taxpayer.
"Oh what a happy coincidence, I was going to have one too! They are so much fun!" exclaims Suzy.
Missing the forest for the trees
While this issue is indeed controversial, it is insulting to suggest that this is somehow the penultimate reason for deciding between McCain and Obama.
They are both awful choices, neither of whom should be voted for. In addition, McCain should not at all be lauded or revered as the defender of life, especially after unrepentantly killing hundreds of innocent Vietnamese. Or as he calls them, gooks.
Additionally, the judicial appointments of Bush, both at all federal levels including the Supreme Court and Justice Department should raise concerns over whom McCain would appoint.
As judge Andrew Napolitano has noted, the Bush administration has violated nearly every civil right imaginable.
- erecting an unaccountable Homeland Security department that now has their own space-based spy program.
- permanently garrisoning US troops as part of the new Northern Command. What Posse Comitatus Act?
- using the NSA and other intelligence agencies to intercept all electronic communication from everyone including your sweet babushka.
- enacting dozens of anti-privacy statutes including the PATRIOT Act and REAL ID and even suspending the writ of habeas corpus.
- amending FISA to immunize companies that operate wiretapping stations and retroactively legalize any potential illegalities.
- compiled an ever-increasing dragnet dubiously called the "No Fly List" which has more than a million suspects. And good luck getting off the list.
- continued to operate and upgrade ECHELON listening stations domestically and overseas.
- passed a $711 billion defense budget with nary a peep, a week before the contentious $700 billion bank bailout. This is roughly the cumulative defense budgets of every other country on the planet.
Where were the cries from McCain supporter, pastor John Hagee? Where was the Religious Right? Where is the condemnation by either candidate?
Thus, ignoring star chambers, detention camps, extraordinary rendition, and PLA torture techniques, no amount of revisionist history could prop up the insolvent nature of the US administrations — including the presidential candidates — moral bankruptcy and brazen disregard for individual privacy.
Oh, but at least the administration was pro-life, right?
Standing on the side lines as accomplices
The self-appointed Moral Majority did not just stand by, but were active cheerleaders in this revolutionary judicial process.
Many of the same pro-lifers have also stood by while the Bush administration invaded and occupied a country that did not attack the US.
140,000 troops still occupy Iraq, many of whom will stay through the year 2011 as part of the controversial SOFA. And at least 88,000 Iraqi's have died due to violence directly related to US military activity there — perhaps as many as 1.2 million.
If you're against abortion on grounds that it takes an innocent life then you should always be against war and most certainly against the current occupation — and in all fairness, should be voicing similar opposition to it as well.
So while McCain may be against abortions, even on military bases, he still promotes a 100-year occupation of Iraq and a first-strike against Iran. To preemptively kill unholy heathens that might destroy the sanctity of life.
Heathen baby killers like Obama.
October 20, 2008
Copyright © 2008 LewRockwell.com