Leader Says War May Happen Within Weeks
by Raven Clabough: The
Hunger Games Movie: First in an Exciting Trilogy
news outlet DebkaFile reports
that Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei (pictured),
warned the country's top military chiefs during a recent war council
meeting to expect "war within weeks." According to
had been exhaustively drilled in regular military exercises in
the past year, Khamenei ordered the biggest fortification project
in Iran’s history to save its nuclear program from even the mightiest
of America’s super-weapons. Rocks are being gathered from afar,
piled on key nuclear installations, covered with many tons of
poured concrete and finally plated with steel.
The news directly
contradicts other reports
that an Israeli attack on Iran has been postponed until the
spring of 2013.
Amir Oren wrote that Israel delayed its plans
to launch an attack due to a war simulation that produced unwelcome
results. During that simulation, experts discovered that Iran would
be able to retaliate with a single missile strike that had the ability
to kill 200 Americans. He explained,
At 8:58 P.M.
on Tuesday, Israel’s 2012 war against Iran came to a quiet end.
The capricious plans for a huge aerial attack were returned to
the deep recesses of safes and hearts. The war may not have been
canceled but it has certainly been postponed. For a while, at
least, we can sound the all clear: It won’t happen this year.
Until further notice, Israel Air Force Flight 007 will not be
April, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that
Israel will delay an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities until several
weeks or months before Israel’s elections in 2013. Seattle-based
political blogger Richard Silverstein wrote,
senior Likud politician told my confidential Israeli source that
Bibi Netanyahu has decided to delay an Israeli attack on Iran
until some weeks or possibly months before the next scheduled
Israeli election. That will happen by October 2013 unless Bibi
determines he wants to go to the nation earlier.
the same time Netanyahu made that announcement, some officials had
also indicated that they are waiting to see the outcome of discussions
between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 group consisting
of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia,
and China before officially embarking on a military strike.
could happen this year, but also 2013 is a possibility,” said an
Israeli senior official. “We will need to wait to see the effect
sanctions and diplomacy have on Iran and what the regime decides
But the recent
Debka report indicates a strong possibility that war with Iran could
be sooner. Khamenei’s announcement was made at a July 27 meeting
with what he called the “last war council.” According to Debka:
Defense Minister General Ahmad Vahidi, Khamenei’s military adviser
General Yahya Rahim-Safavi, Armed Forces Chief Major General Seyed
Hassan Firuzabadi, Revolutionary Guards Corps commander General
Mohammad Ali Jafari and Al Qods Brigades chief General Qassem
Soleimani. The commanders of the air force, the navy and ground
forces were also there.
of the participants was tapped to report on the readiness of his
branch or sector for shouldering its contingency mission.
of war with Iran was heightened prior to Khamenei’s announcement,
however, as Iran confirmed its plans to close the Strait of Hormuz
through which 33 percent of the world’s oil shipments pass
every day earlier this month.
the rest of the article
© 2012 The New American