A friend of LRC reader Randy Peoples asked that question along with the following private gun ownership confrontations with armed criminals:
• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school’s vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.
Why haven’t most of you heard of these? The answer is simple: Mainstream media and radicals like Bloomberg don’t dare make heroes of armed citizens because it CRUSHES every weak, pathetic argument they raise.
UPDATE: Here’s a website that lists many examples of mass killings that were stopped because a private citizen was armed. [Thanks to Rolf Lindgren]10:29 am on December 21, 2012 Email David Kramer