What Do Numbers Tell Us?

Email Print
FacebookTwitterShare

The politically-correct commentators in America were of one voice in observing that Syrian President Assad received 88.7% of the popular vote in the election last week, an outcome that reflected what a pretense democratic elections are in a country in which the “choice” is limited to one establishment candidate (I did wonder what happened to the other 11.3% of the votes).

I looked at the results of the 2012 American presidential election for a comparison. 129,085,403 total votes were cast in that election, with 126,849,926 going to this country’s establishment candidate, Barmitt Obomney, who ended up receiving 98.26% of the popular vote. Perhaps the Syrians are just a bit more honest about the voting charade in that country than are Americans.

6:03 pm on June 8, 2014