Grade the Pledge to America

Email Print
FacebookTwitterShare

I just got an e-mail from “Liberty Central” — the Establishment’s attempt at a Tea Party organization, run by Clarence Thomas’s wife — urging me to give a grade to the Republicans’ “Pledge to America.”

I’m not sure what I did to get on their mailing list, but it occurs to me that if you’re not on it, you might want to grade the Republicans, too, so here’s the link to their poll.

By the way, unlike some people, I do think the Republicans will make good on their pledge.  At least, they’ll follow through with the “defense” part, which promises more aggression against Iran and more billions for the merchants of death.  That ought to placate about 80% of the Tea Party movement and keep most of the other 20% hanging on in hopes that “smaller government” is just around the corner, just as soon as we get past the next election.

11:56 am on September 23, 2010