Winter time is one of the worst times to try to keep fit since we tend to travel, bundle up indoors to stay out of the cold weather, and over-eat, but there are some natural ways you can kick-start your metabolism to lose weight and achieve a fit body. Many of the herbs and natural remedies below are also great for your overall health, so why not add them to your list, today?
Here are 11 ways to naturally boost your metabolism.
1. Turmeric – Not only can turmeric help you keep more than a dozen diseases at bay including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, it can also boost your metabolism. It is also full of nutrition, which means you may eat less naturally as your body acquires the energy it really needs. What’s more, curcumin in turmeric is a great way to cleanse the liver, which is one of the biggest organs of detoxification in the body. A toxic body can’t lose weight.
2. Lecitin – Found in all living cells, lecitin is a natural metabolism booster and helps the body to break down fat. You can add lecitin to your cereal or granola in the morning, and even sprinkle granules on salads or stir fry. It can also be taken in pill form as a supplement. It is highly caloric, but it contains healthful fats which support weight loss. It is not only a fat-burner, but also controls high cholesterol.
3. Kelp – Kelp contains iodine, which supports the thyroid gland – the master metabolism-regulating organ of the body. Kelp can also boost overall nutrition and health since it is full of amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Eating good food means we will want to eat less food. Eat kelp as a snack throughout the day.
4. Cinnamon – This great herb form the inner bark of the Cinnamomum tree has medicinal qualities for numerous diseases – especially diabetes. It also helps to burn fat by helping the body to detox with its high ORAC value. Studies show that abdominal fat is especially sensitive to the active compounds in cinnamon. It also lowers blood sugar levels and can help with ‘sweet’ food cravings which are often high calorie.
5. Chromium – Found naturally in tomatoes, Chromium is a natural fat burner. You can find chromium naturally in eggs, some meat, apples, bananas and spinach.