Did Hollywood Star Natalie Wood Walk in on Husband Robert Wagner and Christopher Walken Having Sex on the Night She Drowned?

Email Print
FacebookTwitterShare

A shocking new revelation has been uncovered in the infamous 31-year-old mystery surrounding the death of Hollywood actress Natalie Wood.

Wood’s body was found floating in the sea off Catalina Island, California on Nov 29, 1981. She had been staying on the yacht, the Splendour, along with husband Robert Wagner and their guest and fellow actor Christopher Walken.

The new discovery is the latest in a series of revelations in the case over the past couple of years.

Authorities reopened the case in 2011 after the captain of the yacht, Dennis Davern, claimed he had originally lied to the authorities and a new coroner’s report published in January revealed that Wood sustained bruises to her face and other parts of her body before she went overboard and drowned.

Now the National Enquirer claims to have uncovered documentation – an official lifeguard log – which suggests Wagner and Walken had engaged in a sexual act and that Wood may have walked in on them and set off the chain of events which lead to her untimely and still unexplained death.

The note, which is torn and illegible in parts, reads ‘also known Chris Walken and Robert Wagner were engaged in sexual activity in cab of boat… (illegible)…that Ms Woods found both of them together (illegible)…stated they took her away in a (illegible)…was the last time she was seen alive.’

The Los Angeles County lifeguard, who worked with detectives on the case, told The Enquirer he made the notes on the log after detectives told him that it was a scenario that were considering as a possible motive for any crime that might have been committed on the boat.

If legitimate, the documentation could help shed further light on the case which is remains a mystery 21 years after the tragedy occurred.

Ms Woods death was initially ruled an accidental drowning, caused by her slipping and falling from the dinghy, but authorities reopened the case in 2011.

Davern, who said he had originally lied to authorities, now claims Woods and Wagner had been fighting in the hours before her body was found.

Neither Wagner nor Walken has ever been charged in connection with the case.

In January a new coroner’s report revealed that bruises found on the actress’ face, wrists, knees, and ankles occurred before she went into the water – not, as the 1981 report had concluded, as she struggled to climb back aboard the yacht after falling over the side.

Those bruises could have been ‘non-accidental’ and she could have been assaulted aboard the yacht, the medical examiner claimed.

The new coroner’s report poked numerous holes in the original autopsy reporting and the ruling that her death has been accidental – however it stopped short of calling her death a homicide.

Wagner’s publicist, Alan Nierob, told MailOnline in January that he would not comment on the report.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s detectives reopened their investigation in 2011 after the captain of the yacht claimed that Wood’s husband, Robert Wagner, was with her right up until she went overboard.

Her death was ruled ‘accidental’ at the time, but in 2012, the coroner changed the ruling to ‘undetermined.’ The coroner’s office said in the new report that it is not have enough evidence to rule on the manner in which Wood died.

However, the report did pay special attention to the bruises found on Wood’s body.

‘The location of the bruises, the multiplicity of the bruises, lack of head trauma, or facial bruising support bruising having occurred prior to entry in the water,’ the report stated.

Read the rest of the article

Email Print
FacebookTwitterShare