Right now millions of Americans are returning to a practice of our self-reliant and independent forefathers: Storing supplies of food.
The events and circumstances we are facing here in America are unfamiliar to most of us. But they are so serious that we each must choose wisely how we will face our future. The unpredictability of Mother Natures’ natural disasters; The unpredictability of a greedy Stock Market; The unpredictability of Terrorism; The unpredictability of Sickness all have one thing in common – they were prevalent in the past, are prevalent today and will be prevalent tomorrow. These challenges purpose dangerous threats to the unprepared, and significant tribulation to the prepared, but if you have food and water reserves you will have personal solutions to how these things affect you and your family.
History has proven over and over again that having a stockpile of food and water is the solution to almost every major problem, particularly those involving independence, freedom, security, and most importantly PEACE OF MIND.
History Repeats Itself
Runaway inflation in pre-war Germany followed the same inflationary path that the United States is presently on. Extremely high inflation caused the price for one loaf of bread to double daily until it cost so much that it was impossible to purchase.
Economist, John Williams has spoken concerning the projections of future U.S. food price increases due to the massive monetary inflation being created by the Federal Reserve’s $600 billion quantitative easing. Similarly, a report was written by NIA’s President Gerard Adams, who believes food inflation will take over in 2012 as America’s greatest crisis. According to Adams, “making mortgage payments will soon be the last thing on the minds of all Americans. We currently have a currency crisis that could soon turn into hyperinflation and a complete societal collapse.”. Kevin Freeman, noted in an interview with Hugh Vail that “after the crash of ’08 American’s were prioritizing the payments of their credit cards over the payments of their mortgages”.
Peace Of Mind
The unpredictability of our human experience requires us to naturally search for accurate sources of peace and comfort. One of the primary reasons that more and more Americans are putting away supplies of food and water, is because of the peace of mind that comes from knowing you can always provide the basic needs for your family. Food and water are what we depend on the most to fuel our bodies and accomplish our life’s goals. Having plenty of food and water in our own pantries, independent of grocery supplies, semi-truck deliveries, crop shortages, and hoards of people panicing when disaster strikes, and it always does at some point, is the most comforting source that families have discovered.
Let’s look at a few other good reasons to build up food reserves….
- Legislation to prevent people from gardening is being proposed.
- Doomsday Seed Vault is being built in Norway with the intent of being the only source for seed to grow food worldwide.
- Global warming; whether real or fabricated, will likely be used to control fertilization of crops and tax many farmers out of business.
- Christians searching the Book of Revelation believe that there will come a day when no one will be able to buy or sell without the “mark” (most consider the mark to be the National ID card) which is expected to be required in order to buy food.
- Imported food from countries with no safety standards for insecticides, fertilizers, bacterial and chemical contamination have entered our country’s food supply and have proven to be very dangerous. Storing safe, clean food is essential.
- The financial and emotional impact of job loss and illness are hugely reduced with a strong savings account in the form of food.
- In the case of quarantines, martial law, disasters and emergencies, if people do not have their own individual supplies, they will be dependent and helpless like the miserable conditions people faced after hurricane Katrina.
- Storms and weather could make food impossible to transport, destroy crops and isolate some people from food supplies.
- The gasoline prices are predicted to reach $5.00 per gallon in the near future. When this happens the price of food will go up by about one third. Potentially, putting trucking companies out of business and make it almost impossible to get necessary supplies needed for everyday life.
- With a food supply you can help your neighbors, family members, or anyone in need.