“The people need to rise up against their masters, not violently but in a way that would delegitimate them. How do you get that ball rolling?” ~ Tom White
This contract is based on the Republican Contract With America. It is not perfect, but it is much more honest and realistic than its Republican predecessor. It also doesn’t attempt to confuse the public or the bureaucracy as to its ultimate goal: The virtual or complete elimination of the federal government as we know it today. The American government has grown way out of control. Here is a basic plan, an outline, a start, if you will, for an opportunity for those aristocrats in power to stave off the coming American revolution peacefully.
(1) As a freedom-loving citizen of the United States of America, I would like to propose fundamental changes to the policies of the United States government. Even more important, it is necessary to understand today that a restoration of the bonds of trust between the people and their “elected” representatives is an impossibility.
(2) That is why, in this era of official evasion, lies, and posturing, I’d like to offer instead a detailed agenda for national renewal, a written commitment with no fine print. This as a concession from the people to the Federal government to lower calls for the deconstruction of the current administration and an opportunity to offer negotiations, in lieu of unconditional demands, for conviction for crimes against the citizens of the United States, as well as Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes, and a conspiracy to commit Crimes Against Humanity against members of Congress, the President of the United States, as well as members of the Supreme Court.
(3) United States elections no longer offer the chance for the general public to control actions of the President, the Judicial System, and to transform the way Congress “works.” If the general American public could actually choose, that historic change would be the end of a government that is too big, too intrusive, illegal, and too easy with the public’s money. It would be the beginning of a Congress that respects the values and shares the faith of the American family.
(4) Unlike Lincoln, the first Republican president, we intend to act “with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right.” To restore accountability to ourselves and to our government. To end this cycle of scandal, disgrace, and death. To make us all proud again of the way free people govern themselves.
(5) We, the people of the United States of America, demand the following: On the first day of the next Congress, the new Republican majority will immediately pass the following major reforms, aimed at an even partial restoration of the faith and trust of the American people in themselves and their government:
FIRST, Congress will agree that all Americans may take an immediate 40% across the board tax-cut.
SECOND, To pay for this tax cut, the United States federal government will either:
A) Cease completely and immediately all government functions for a total of four days out of a seven day calendar week.
B) Immediately take a 40% flat, across the board, cut in all federally-funded projects. No budget appropriations to be exempted. This would include, but not be limited to: Closure of 40% of all foreign U.S. Military bases; A 40% pay-cut in all government employed staff — or termination of 40% of staff; an immediate 40% cut in all foreign aid.
THIRD, require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply equally to all branches of the federal government.
FOURTH, require that all members of the federal government be required to fall under any Social Security scheme that is made for all Americans.
FIFTH, require that only the citizens of the United States of America can approve a tax increase by a three-fifths majority vote.
SIXTH, require strict adherence to the Bill of Rights.
SEVENTH, require that all law-enforcement be handled at the State level.
EIGHTH, require committee meetings to be open to the public;
NINTH, require that the current United States federal deficit be repaid by closure of more U.S. military bases in foreign lands, an immediate and complete cessation of all foreign aid, and an even higher pay-cut or staff reduction in all federal services until the federal budget is balanced.
TENTH, guarantee that any and all future federal budget deficits will be financed under the terms set out in SECOND and FIFTH above.
(6) Thereafter, within the first 30 days of the current or next session of Congress, you shall bring to the House Floor the following bills, each to be given full and open debate, each to be given a clear and fair vote and each to be immediately available this day for public inspection and scrutiny.
(6.1) THE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. An immediate across the board, flat, 40% cut in any and all taxes paid by the People of the United States of America as well as an immediate across the board, flat, 40% cut in all federal government expenses.
(6.2) THE TAKING BACK OUR STREETS ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. All law enforcement responsibilities will revert immediately to the State level.
(6.3) THE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. Congress acknowledges that by discouraging illegitimate government they may encourage responsible citizenry.
(6.4) THE FAMILY REINFORCEMENT ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. The federal government acknowledges that an individual or individual family affairs are in no way, shape, or form the business or the jurisdiction of the federal government.
(6.5) THE AMERICAN DREAM RESTORATION ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. The federal government acknowledges that all sections of this Contract will take great strides in restoring the American Dream. This document is not to be changed, altered, or tampered with in any way unless:
A) The citizens of the United States of America pass a federal tax cut by a simple majority vote.
B) The citizens of the United States of America pass a federal tax increase by a three-fifths majority vote.
(6.6) THE NATIONAL SECURITY RESTORATION ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. No U.S. military agreements with any foreign governments will be forthwith concluded. The United States will immediately withdraw from NATO, the United Nations, and any and all current military alliances will be null and void. All foreign aid will be completely cancelled by January, 2006. Perhaps that way we might restore the essential parts of our national security funding to strengthen our national defense and maintain our credibility around the world.
(6.7) THE SENIOR CITIZENS FAIRNESS ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005.
(6.8) THE JOB CREATION AND WAGE ENHANCEMENT ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. Immediate cancellation of the minimum wage law.
(6.9) THE COMMON SENSE LEGAL REFORM ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005.
(6.10) THE CITIZEN LEGISLATURE ACT: Cancel any and all existing laws pertaining to this act prior to March 30, 2005. Since a citizen and a politician will be required to follow the same laws as stated in THIRD above, this is now a moot point.
(7) Further, we order the House Budget Committee to report to the Citizens of the United States of America any and all additional budget savings, beyond the budget cuts specifically included in the legislation described above, to ensure that the Federal budget deficit will be less than it would have been without the enactment of these bills.
(8) By order of your employers, We the People, the Citizens of the United States of America, order you to enact these reforms. Failure to do so will result in We the People of the United States of America considering that you are beyond redemption and that you acknowledge that you have voluntarily forfeited the opportunity for negotiations, in lieu of our later unconditional demands, for your trial for conviction for crimes against the citizens of the United States of America, as well as Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes, and a conspiracy to commit Crimes Against Humanity. (As stated above in (2).
Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers [send him mail] was born and raised in the USA and moved to Japan in 1984. He has worked as an independent writer, producer, and personality in the mass media for nearly 30 years.